Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Some notes to ponder.

1. You know what I'm talking about, those huge masks on crime shows the investigators where over their face/mouth so they won't inhale the toxic fumes. It's like some sort of large insect is growing out of their nose. It's a hilarious form of protection. I've decided I'm going to invest in one. It's either walk around like I have an giant ant on my head or die of second hand smoke.
I think I'll take the embarrassment.
I figure my life is worth it.

2. The new breed of couple: Black guys with Asian girls.
And who says racism is still strongly prevalent. Pssh.

3. This morning, my professor said the "F" word twice in his Irish accent. My Logic professor swore nonchalantly in a story. It continues to amaze me the liberty these doctorals have in a classroom.

4. The internet definitely exists here. I am able to use it whenever I want at the drop of a hat, or rather, a push of a button.

5. PDA is definitely publicized. That's all I have to say about that.

6. Guitar Hero III is the game of choice on our hall. This is why at 9:30 in the evenings, you can here Jay (black guy) yelling several choice words because he cannot seem to hit every single note on the expert level.

7. I am friends with freshman asians. They're all at least six inches shorter than I am and they're squinty eyes makes it occasionally difficult to decipher who is who. Example: I was walking up the stairs to my room and passed Karen, my suitemate, but I didn't recognize her, so I blew off her smile. I passed an Asian girl on my way to class across campus and smiled and waved, thinking she was Melissa. She was not Melissa, but a girl I had never met before. She gave me a what-a-weirdo look and turned her head. At least she didn't shoot me the bird or something.

8. So far I've been invited to three Bible studies and taken two surveys concerning my relationship with Christ. Did I have one? How strong was it? Do I know the Lord Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior? Had I ever heard the good news before? Would I take this small Bible so that I might be saved? I said, "Dude, I've got three Gideon Bibles sitting on my book shelf in my room, along with my fat study NIV. I'm ready to hook you up with The Holy Word."

9. Texas weather continues to shock me. I'm wearing short sleeves today. I wonder if I'll ever get used to the constant changing of the seasons from one hour to the next.

10. I'm hungry. I think I'll call Veronika (a friend you ask? why yes, yes it is.) to see if she might happen to want to eat with me. It would be better than eating alone, I figure.

Sianara! ^_^

No comments: