Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Flame retardant buildings and bible studies.

I'm working on a "Differences between SAGU and UH" blog, but here is one difference I would like to elaborate on.
ahem.
UH has fire alarms.

This is correct. When smoke or flames are present, I will be woken to an actual sounding fire alarm. How do I know this for a fact? It went off the other night. Luckily I wasn't yet asleep. My RA came crashing through the hall yelling obscenities at everyone who wasn't out yet. It was cold outside, so I took my time in putting on sweat pants, a jacket, and my rainboots before I exited the building. Most people were complaining. I was rejoicing in the fact that if there were indeed a fire, I would not have to rely on my RA coming by with a toy whistle to alert us.

The next morning, the fire alarm went off again, not too much before I was supposed to go to class. Apparently they're real sensitive, these alarms.
And, shhhh, don't tell anyone but I think I set it off. I got up early enough to take my time getting ready in the morning so I decided to hardcore straighten my hair...underneath the fire detector in our room.
Oops.

In other news, I went to a Bible study on campus last night. I thought it would be a good idea. Turns out it was the African American branch of the Christian society, and I was the only white person in a room of 13. It was a rewarding, and awkward, experience for me.

How do I get myself into these predicaments?

Well, four papers, three books to read, and two exams left before spring break.
Woohoo!

You know youre in college when you count down the number of exams instead of days before a holiday.

No comments: