Monday, March 3, 2008

Nine weeks and counting.

There are two weeks before spring break. Here is my workload until then: three midterms, two papers, two response papers.
School is killing me, I know it. Slowly but surely it tortures me.
Although I suppose I would be able to handle, you know, if I got MORE THAN FOUR HOURS OF SLEEP EVERY NIGHT.

My roommate loves not sleeping until around 4 in the morning. I mean, her class doesn't start until noon, so I guess she doesn't have to go to bed any earlier. However, I, who goes to bed around 11, doesn't go to sleep until the roommate goes to sleep because of her loudness. And as my classes start at 9 and 10, this makes it difficult for me to get up in time.

I tried going to bed at midnight and taking a nap after my classes were finished, but this was tricky. First of all, she was in the room on mondays and wednesdays, so no naps then. And she tended to interrupt my REM on tuesdays and thursdays. Not only that, I wake up tired so I feel muggy and in a bad mood all day, until my nap revives me and I'm the most optimistically happy person you'll ever meet. These bipolar days drove me mad so last Tuesday I skipped everything, laid in my bed in my pajamas sleeping and watching The Office. It was nice, and needed, but unfortunately I cannot continue life like that.

Last night, at 2am, I gathered up the courage to ask her to leave and study somewhere else. She was disgruntled, but I don't care. I got six hours. And I am so stinkin exhausted.

In other news, I have friends now. Four of us spent a day in downtown houston, and it is definitely the best day of the semester thus far. NO boyfriend and NO prospect and NOT looking. Just wanted to make that clear. I'm considering celibacy. Hey, it works for monks and nuns, right? At least I won't have to wear the crazy outfit.

It's mad raining today. I think this is the only thing that brightens my mood. But then again, I have to spend the day in classes I hate instead of sleeping to the sound of rain on my window, so my emotions break even.

My class starts in 24 minutes. I don't want to go, mainly because it is the one class I most awfully despise as much as I can despise something. The guy's teeth are gross, he doesn't have a clear train of thought throughout a lecture much less the semester so far, and I don't like the reading list.

I made a 92 on my history exam, the first grade that I got back that was passing. I'm thinking it might be smart to change my major. I'll think about this.

I think if I weren't so sleepy right now, I wouldn't be in such a horrible, disgusting mood. Well, 2 more hours and I can come back and take a pseudo nap.

Nine weeks of school left, and one of those weeks is spring break.
Then I'll be done.
Yessss.

No comments: